that the King of Glory may come in."
SHORT TERM MISSIONS TRIPS
The experience of joining a missions team for a short-term missions trip will change your life. You will find yourself moving out of your comfort zone as you take on the challenges of a totally different culture. You will be brought to a deeper awareness and appreciation of your blessings as you come face-to-face with the difficulties of life in the developing world. Your relationship with God will be stretched as you see the faith and spiritual hunger of brothers and sisters who have so little materially, but rejoice in the reality of God. You will find yourself doing things you never thought you would do, saying things you never thought you would be able to say. And whilst you go with a heart to give, you will return knowing that you have received far more.
Part of GTKMI’s vision is to regularly take missions teams to minister with our affiliated pastors in various parts of the developing world.
GTKMI short-term missions trips will normally be 10 days to 2 weeks in duration. During that time you might:
* Share your testimony.
* Minister in song or music (if you have those gifts.)
* Share a brief Gospel message.
* Distribute tracts.
* Pray for the sick.
* Share in children’s ministry.
* Visit hospitals, orphanages or jails.
* Help with practical ministry such as food distribution.
These are just some examples. Every trip will be different, depending on the destination.
To join in a short term missions team from GTKMI you must:
* Be over 18 years of age.
* Be an Australian resident.
* Be a born-again Christian, and living a consistent Christian life in accordance with GTKMI’s moral standards.
* Be willing to submit to the leadership of the team (normally Rev. Lynn Fowler.)
* Be willing to be an active part of the team (we’re not interested in tourists!)
* Be willing to work in a Pentecostal environment.
* Have three references, one of which must be from your pastor or, if you are in ministry yourself, another senior minister.
There are currently no short-term mission trips available
Please return to this page soon, or subscribe to our newsletter for information about when trips are planned.
It is registered with the Australian Taxation Department as a not-for-profit charity.
ABN 52 740 158 732.
Incorporated in Victoria. No. A0051895B
This organization is not in any way associated with the ministry of the same name that operates from Tulsa, USA.